Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Guinnea Pig..?

Just died. I only had him for 9 months, I usually keep him in my room and I noticed he made a high pitched noice I went in there and he stopped breathing, he was just laying up against the edge of the cage. I'm so sad. What could cause him to pass away only 9 months after I bought him?
Answers:
So he was only 9 months old or was he adult (and maybe a senior citizen) when you got him?
It's possible you bought an old one and he died of natural causes.
If he was still young, sometimes things like that just happen.
Sorry from your loss.
Guinnea pigs have a habit of not living very long. If you want to keep such a small animal as a pet I suggest a lizard they live longer.
I'm really sorry about your piggie. From what you are describing I don't know why he died, but this is a premature death. Guinea pigs can live from 5-8 years old.
I could have had a heart attack. You said he made a high pitch sound it could have been that.
this is not the first time i have heard this about guineas from pet smart,that makes about 5,take him to the vet it will cost about 18 pounds to find out though.i breed them and if you are in UK and can get to Lincoln i will give you a new one free of charge.email me sturnbull11@yahoo.co.uk
there are many factors,causing a guinea pig to die..firstly maybe it because of Bronchitis,it is a common flu problem but it make lead to serious problem,or maybe it can die from heat Exhaustion,which is very common in tropical country,or it may even suffering from posioning ,check whether his teeth is too long,if it is too long,it might be that he is straving to death.,what have you been feeding him?,are you feeding him alfafa base food or timothy base,alfafa base food is not suitable for guinea pig which are over 6 months old,as it can cause serious back problems and also heart attacks
l
, I usually keep him
on't know how old she was, we bought her

which is it?petsmart doesn't sell females

No comments:

Post a Comment