Friday, July 31, 2009

My hamster's butt is swollen from time to time, is that normal?

Also he's little behind is quite hanging .. (cuz the "vet" told me is male) I've seen others in the store n none of them look like him..but the doc told me is normal.but I have my doubts..cuz also told me he didnt need no shots or any check ups! So it's ok to have their butt like that sometimes bigger than other times? wich stills being too big cuz is kind of hanging when he walks.
Answers:
You bet your life it is normal. The sometimes he is bigger he is bigger -let's say it, in the balls and that is because he is experiencing a male version of heat. His but gets that way when he is in heat because his hormone levels rise drasticly then. He will go back to his other norm when it is over and it will come and go and come and go because the hampsters reproductive cycle is much, much shorter than ours. Don't worry about him and i would not get him a mate either, they repro like rabbits and the parents will attack and kill the young too-it is amess-don't.
Maybe he is a she and she heard that guys like big butts and they cannot deny it.
could it be his anal gland if it goes back to normal don't worry about it.
Unless your hamster acts and looks sick, relax. Just like humans, some male hamsters are more blessed than others.~;o)
I have a hamster too and he never gets a swolen butt like that.

1 comment:

  1. my hamster gets a swollen but, and for a while i thought it just got tht way when he had to go poop, but now my hamster has a big bloody, hard ball coming out of his butt whats tht all about?

    ReplyDelete