Thursday, July 30, 2009

My guinea pig makes a weird growling, rumbling sounds when I make noises she doesn't like (i.e.sneezing)! Why?


Answers:
my piggies have always done the same kind of thing, particularly in reaction to loud noises. i equate it with the way we humans jerk a bit and maybe let out a little shriek or noise when we're startled by something. don't worry, she's not mad, just nervous and startled. if you're holding her when it happens, just pet her and snuggle her gently and she'll forget all about it.
If she cuold talk, she'd tell you to "Stop, it's annoying!"
Cause those noises are foriegn to her, and it probably startles her. So its not unlikely that she gets a bit defensive..
Our guinea pig does this anytime he is unsure of something--startled or scared. Even if I reach into his cage to fast he will do that even though he knows me. But it is quickly replaced by a little shiver chug, chug, chug sound when I start to pet him in his favorite spots.
Also, you know the squealing is I AM HUNGRY!!
http://guinealynx.com/
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/gu.

No comments:

Post a Comment