Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My gerbil is in labor what do I do?

I guess some how my gerbil who was suppose to be a male got pregnant. She is in labor now and I do not know what to do. Can you help me? How am I suppose to care for them? I go to school at eight o'clock this morning and I don't have time to care for her. I heard that you are suppose to seperate the male gerbils from the females at a certain age so no more reproduce.what age is that? I have some many questions so please help.
Answers:
Make sure the male is not in the cage with her. Move him to some other place. Then leave her alone she will do it all by herself. Do not touch the babies for a few days. Make sure she has plenty of food and water. Thats all you have to do. If you do not want anymore hamsters then keep the male and female in different cages.
leave her alone with the babies. she will do the natural thing and sit on the babies to nurse them. I bread gerbils for many years as a hobby and figured out that the age to seperate them was as early as 6 weeks, as I noticed them already trying to mount their sisters! Ewwwww.I copied and pasted a link below to help you.
Hi just leave it alone to get on with it as they need nohuman help to have or to raise their young.just feed %26 water as normal %26 leave her alone to care for her young.Regards Jake
leave it alone an let her do her thing

No comments:

Post a Comment