Friday, July 31, 2009

My hamster has a SERIOUS problem.?

I hate my hamster! His name is Snoopy, but I should have named him Lucifur. He bit me so hard, I started to bleed. I want to sell him. Any ideas that will change my mind?
Answers:
Hamsters do that ya know? Just leave him alone for the time being. Then in a few weeks start gently touching him, then gently hold him. He needs to get used to you holding him!
NO
He is a rodent. How often do you hold him? If holding him is new, give him a chance. Imagine a giant coming to pick you up and hold you. A bit terrifying? I thought so. If he has never bitten you before and you hold him often, give him a break, maybe he is just grumpy. If he bites seldom, give him up for adoption to the humane socitey or your local PETCO store. I work there. Good riddens.
poor little guy!
well, i am a hamster expert hacving had up to 36 at one time. don't sell him as he may go to a home where he is badly neglected or hurt . he only bites if you do something wrong. and YESS i know how badly it can hurt. try these things first:

wash your hands before holding him

rub some toilet paper all over you to get your scent and give it to him as bedding so he is used to your smell.

use a cup or dog food scoop to get him out of his cage. 80% of hamster bites are in cage territorial butes.

don't stress him out or force him to be held.

a good taming method is to sit in an empty bathtub and let the hamster crawl all around you till he is used to you.

if he continues to exude extream violence have him checked out by a vet as he may have a serious illness.

also visit my hamster health forum : http://www.hamsterhealth.bigbig.com. for more help and info!
Wouldn't it be better to just ask a general hamster question then to make up whole stories behind them just to see what kind of answers you get? Not that I pretend to understand the reasoning behind these questions anyway.

My two hamsters have a problem. Please help me?
Asked by Javene87 - 10 answers - Other - Pets - 14 hours ago- Resolved

No comments:

Post a Comment