Thursday, July 30, 2009

My hamster eats tissue paper?

Once when I was cleaning my hamster's cage he went up and chewed on the tissue paper. I though he was just playing with it so i ignored, but later I found out that he ate quite a bit. Maybe he didnt eat it, but he stuffed it into his mouth. Is he eating it? Will it be harmful? If he isnt eating it, what is he going to do with it?
Answers:
He was putting it in his cheeks to carry somewhere else to make a bed. He dos this with food also. Takes the food out of his bowl and takes to his bedding spot.
It should be ok. Paper is digestable i think, so he will fine. If he hasnt eaten it he will put it somewhere dont worry :D
i seem to remember about they need to wear dopwn thier teeth ,could be he/she needs something to chew on
Hi there.hamsters like to store tissue in their cheek pouches to use for bedding later. It's quite common and alright as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment