Wednesday, July 29, 2009

my fettet's but is very red i took him to the vet and he gave me a cream but the cream is making him bleed

What should i do?
Answers:
I'm assuming you mean "FERRET". What cream? Hard for people to help with such limited information. Where is the blood coming from? The outside of the butt, is it bleeding inside and he's pooping it out? Does your vet know anything about ferrets? Do they take exotics regularly, or is your vet really clueless and just experimenting with your pet? Go here, they will help: http://www.ferretcentral.org/
call the vet back and tell him that it is making your cats butt bleed and see what can be done
I would say stop using the cream and call your vet. Creams shouldn't make them bleed, they should clear the irritation up. I'd be thinking either the vet mis-diagnosed the problem, or he's given you something that's too strong for the little guy. Hope he gets better!
i couldnt seem to answer any question but this one. and i was trying to comment back on your shitzu. so you can't keep yours. that's to bad. my shitzu is a boy. very friendly. and would love a playmate. he gets along with any dog any size. he just loves to play. he is 2 years old. do you live in georgia.
take him back to the vet he may be allergic to the cream,and tell the vet what you have observed and after he evaluates your fetter's bottom and writes u a prescription
then ask to come back for a follow-up ok




hope he feels better
If you mean ferret, I might be able to help. My ferret has a prolapsing rectum problem, and if you are having a similar problem, you might be able to help him by making sure he is on a high quality kibble only. I thought I could help him by offering soft foods, but that actually was only making it worse. Now that I have him on kibble only, the problem has almost cleared up on it's own. Also, if it looks like his butt is bothering him a lot, you can use preparation H, which is safe and will help. I heard offering some canned pumkin can help, due to the fiber content. 95% of the time, prolapsing rectum is caused by not having solid enough poo to push against, so they push too hard and it pops out. Hope that helps! =)

PS. I tried to answer your email, but it didn't go through because your email wasn't verified? So to answer briefly on here, yes, my ferret's butt gets very red and irritated looking, especially after pooping. Then it kinda pops out a little. After a while, it goes back. It's getting better now. If this is the problem you're having, a lot of veteran ferret owners have advised me to use only kibble, which is helping, and also they have mentioned canned pumpkin, which I haven't tried yet, as his butt is improving with the kibble. Hope that helps, and sorry I couldn't email you.

No comments:

Post a Comment