Friday, July 31, 2009

My hamster had babys 2 weeks ago, tomorrow. when can i hold the babies?


Answers:
When my rat had babies, I started holding them the day they were born. There were no problems with the mom as long as she was eating or otherwise out of the nest when I played with them. I reached in once while she was with them and she bit me. Every day, I took them out and took pictures just to watch them grow. I still have two of them.
just before she eats them.
YES
now probably. if they are big enough.
maybe wait a week if your not sure
DONT TOUCH THEM!
If you touch them and your scent is on them..she will eat her own babies because she feels they are being threated.she will kill them before she allows anything to happen to them.

Take them to a vet and ask what to do!
wow! your doing a good job of keeping them safe! but it's probably safe to hold them by now. keep up the good work!
Any where from 4 to 6 week for It you do it too early she may reject the pup or attack it so why not just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment