Friday, July 31, 2009

My hamster is in shock. What should I do?

My hamster has all the symptoms of 'shock'. I don't know how it happened. What can or should I do?
Answers:
I am sorry. There really isn't much possible. Keep it dim in the room, make sure the room is around 70* and talk in a slow soft nice voice with reassurance. Say, "I love you." and things like that. Give him some whole wheat warm bread soaked in doy milk. Hamsters are lactose intolerant and can't drink normal cow's milk. Then leave him alone. Try giving him warm soy milk with an eye dropper. If the hamster does die.*knocks on wood* then say goodbye, he can hear you. He will know how much you cared about him. It wasn't your fault. And I am sorry a bunch of people are making this into a big joke. I know how you feel. My past hamster died of cancer and an alergy. People told me he was just a hamster but I loved him dearly, and i know you love your baby too.
take him to the vet.DUH
slap him in the face. that usually works
Take him to the vet. you must be blonde!
Take it to the vet.
shock? as in dead or stiff? meybe he is dead and you should bury him :( RIP hamster
Try disconnecting him from the electric socket
take him to the vet
shock is really bad for little pets and it can usually kill them, you should try to keep it dark and quiet,take him to a vet as soon as possible.
Try giving it sugar water. Good luck!
I would just hold him in my hands till he starts to feel better. If he is not going to get better at least you will have held him as he went to the other side.
Hamsters are too cheap to be spending money on a vet. Buy another one.
Feed it small amounts of Pedialite with an eyedropper or oral syringe;keep it warm,dark and quiet.Offer small amounts of soft food,i.e.;applesauce and banana,bread soaked in warm milk.I hope he makes it.
I dont think theres much you can do, if youve already taken him to the vet. Did you give him a bath? Maybe hes dieing. Sorry theres not that much I can do its never happend to one of my Dwarf Hamsters.
PUT HIM DOWN AND LET HM EAT OR DRINK! :(
what exactly r his symptoms? shock usually results from a fall or handling too much. did he fall? if he did, u can rub him to increase his circulation and then put him back %26 dont bother him. leave him in a quiet darkened room. is he drinking/eating? if he fell i'm assuming u told the dr. and he found no internal injuries?

No comments:

Post a Comment