Friday, July 31, 2009

my hamster is eating milk bones is thah good or bad?


Answers:
Milk bones are perfectly healthy for hamsters. They contain a lot of protein, which is something normal hamster mixes can lack. They are also hard enough that they help gnaw away the growing teeth.

I give mine small ones (the ones made for tiny dogs) about once every two weeks. They are not harmful. In fact, I also mix hard dog food in with the pre-mixed seed style food bags I get at the store, and they eat that, too.
milk bones, the dog treat? dog treats are good for hamsters
bad
In small amounts it won;t hurt them. but not as a regular diet. It could harm them and they won;t be getting all the nutrients they need.
It's ok as a supplement (small amounts).

http://www.hamsterhideout.com/feeding.ht.
good
Milk bones are dog treats it is not good for a hamster to eat dog food
harmless.
Its fine. A hamster is like a rat it will eat anything
in smaller amounts its good for them, ie protein, but you should also have a regular hamster food fed to it.
Milkbones are fine for your hamster as long as there is a balanced diet availbale for your critter.
You can give your hamster treats as long as he has a healthy staple diet. Fresh fruits and veggies, and even a little junk food won't hurt him. Stay away from onion, and all spicy foods though. A dog bone is good for his teeth. They need lots of stuff to chew to keep their teeth from overgrowing.
And I thought I was alone! I have 3 hamsters. I gave them dry dog biscuits. It is a snack for them and it is another way to file down their teeth, but also keep them occupied for hours
Perfectly fine as an occasional treat.

I have given my rats rawhide before.

No comments:

Post a Comment