Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Guinea pig is scratching her face, why is she hurting herself?

She has been acting very strange lately. She is scratching her face up to look like she has been in a fight. She make s a weird ticking noise at me when I am near her. I was her favorite and she would make cute noises when I gave her an orange slice in the morning but now she has turned her attitiude totally around. I have to cut her nails but her attitude scares me like she is going to attack me. I need help. Any suggestions. Please and Thanks
Answers:
Do you have other pets.like birds? Check her fur. It could be a skin condition or mites. Sure hope you find a solution.
Maybe she is depressed and into self mutilation. Call and ask a vet.
I think this is a vet question. My Guinea pigs have never done this before. But i think that if she is hurting herself there might be something in her ears, or something under her fur. Have her checked out.
dear Guinea pig parent,

Your baby might have a parasite or other infection. Whatever the cause, please bring her to a competent vet, as soon as possible.
Possibly mites, I would consult a vet or post your question on allexperts.com. When I have problems with my rabbit they are always very helpful.
I would bet my money that it is mites. You need to get some ivertimicin from the vet to clear this up. Guinea pigs squeak when touched/get angry when they have mites. It makes their skin very sensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment