Friday, July 31, 2009

My hamster likes Popcorn,Nilla wafers,Tostitos,and Iced Tea.Is that irregular?

Her name is Hammy and she likes Tostitos the most.i wanna know she is like sick or somethin? And she has the white squishy stuff coming out of her peeing area,is that irregular too?
Answers:
The food oddity is not an oddity at all. Hamsters will eat all sorts of things.

The "peeing area" needs to be looked after though. Take the little fellow to the vet before it is too late.
lol Yes take her to the vet and feed her real hamster food
i dont think its weird i have a pet rat that loves cheese puffs and apples I dont know about the white squishy stuff though
You shouldn't be feeding her all of that junk food.
dont think so but she is going to get so fat she might explode
There isn't really anything wrong with giving your hamster little tastes of treats, like popcorn and nilla wafers. If the iced tea is caffeinated, you might want to stop letting her have it because caffeine is bad for animals, they don't react to it in the same way that people do.

As far as the white squishy stuff -- All of the treats may be causing it. Is it milky white liquid, or is it semi-solid? If it's liquid, it is probably just urine - Sometimes the urine comes out milky, and sometimes it is clear. If it is semi-solid, like a mix of solid and liquid waste - Your best bet is calling or visiting a vet as soon as possible.

Hamsters are prone to digestive problems, stress-induced wet tail, etc. If the snacks you are giving her, or some other feature of her life is causing problems, you need to make sure she sees a vet and gets the right medicine. Wet tail and other related disorders can kill a hamster very quickly.

On that note: Good luck!
wow happy bunny. that might be more the food that you like. your hamster doesn't get to go to the grocery store and chose what it wants to eat. It gets to eat what you give it. Just like a child it doesn't realize that those foods are not good for it.

You might want to out this site
checkhttp://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/hamster_car.

wow! I learned alot myself by reading it. I have two hamsters myself, I'm glad you asked the question. I feed my hamsters a grain and nut like mixture that also has special nutrients for hamsters. But I also give them carrots and apples. The web site I provided lists other food you can give them.

Good Luck with yours and I hope she isn't too sick.
WELL, YEAH! But is SO COOL!!
I had a hamster, I named her Hammy too! She was my best friend. She lived for 3 and a half years. Still, I don't think that is normal for a hamster to eat/drink the stuff you said. You should take her to the vet. Eating stuff that comes out of her pee? That doesn't sound normal to me. GOOD LUCK!
my hamster eat popcorn, wafers too i don't think is weird
the food nope.but take her to the vet to get the white thing checked out

1 comment:

  1. my hamsters all like eating different things. here is a list to wat they like most.
    Maisy-cucumber and celery
    Eminem - ready salted crisps and carrots
    Chocolate- chocolate (thats y we named him that)
    Caramel, Toffee and Fudge- wafers
    Popcorn - Popcorn (again like Chocolate)
    Ryan and Tony- lighlty toasted toast with butter and lemon curd.
    PB and J- PB and J sandwiches
    hope this helps.
    Bye the way Eminem is named after Eminem and Ryan and Tony are named after Ryan Sheckler and Tony Hawk.
    Good Luck!!;)

    ReplyDelete