Monday, May 24, 2010

My rabbit bit two of my friends,what should i do,whats wrong with her?

I JUST GOT MY RABBIT LIKE A MONTH AGO.FROM DAY 1 WHEN I TOOK HER OUT THE CAGE 4RM HER FAMILY SHE ACTED KINDA NUTS AND JUST WHEN I THOUGHT SHE WAS GETTING USE TO ME SHE WENT CRAZY %26 BIT 2 OF MY FRIENDS AFTER A HORRIBLE BATH{SHE WENT CRAZY WHILE WE WERE BATHING HER}.WHEN THEY WERE BLOW DRYING HER{I DIDNT DO IT BECAUSE IM AFRAID OF HER} SHE BIT BOTH OF THEM AND WAS ACTUALLY HANGING ON TO 1 OF MY FRIENDS FINGER.AND WHENEVER I GO TO TO TAKE IT OUT OF THE CAGE IT GOES TO THE CORNER WHERE I CANT REACH IT, SO I ALWAYS HAVE TO GET SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE HER OUT OF HER CAGE.I FIGURE SHE'LL NEVER GET USE TO ME SO IM THINKING ABOUT SELLING IT.
Answers:
You're being way too agressive with it. Give it time to warm up to ONLY you. The reason that it goes to the back of the cage is because it wants to be left alone. Do you do this during the daytime hours? Rabbits are a nocturnal animal. They sleep during the day and are awake at night.

Rabbits do not need baths as they cleanse themselves just like a cat does, therefore I can see why the rabbit went crazy. Never blow dry the ears! The extra air can cause an infection in there.

Also, a rabbits nails need to be trimmed once every six weeks by a professional. If their nails get too long they won't be able to keep their feet flat on the floor to hop. This can be very painful for them.

A rabbit's cage should be cleaned out and sanitized a minimum of three times per week. If they breathe in their own urine and feces it can cause an infection in their nasal cavity which causes them to make "sneezing" and "barking" noises.

I highly highly recommend that you get a book about rabbit care or check out www.rabbit.org. It sounds, to me, like you got a pet for their cuteness and know nothing about it's care.
Why are you blow-drying a rabbit?!

Rabbits are sociable animals and like company. Get him a friend.
kill it and eat it and use its feet for a necklace emblem
The wabbit has to go.
YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BATHE RABBITS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment