Saturday, May 22, 2010

My new hamster scratches. Is she itching or grooming?

I just got a new hamster yesterday. She is white with gray ears, so cute! She scracthes though, and I have never had a hamster. Is she itchingat bugs or something? Or is it just normal, like grooming? I can't tell! Please help me.
Answers:
thats normal my hammster does that sometimes i give him a bath u can buy shampoo for small animals why dont you go to your pet store and see if you can get some i think you will find that he will not be scratching as much.
She could be grooming or maybe the bedding is irritating her skin if it is different than the pet store had. Check that out with a phone call.
She could be doing either one. Take her to the vet and get her checked out for fleas or something. If not shes either grooming or irritated by the bedding or cage.
could she be pregnate?..she could be trying to make a beeding of hair for her babies to be born.
it could be fleas, which is hard to believe on such a small rodent. i have found fleas on my long haired hamsters before. just be get it out and kinda look it over, see if you can tell, may be a allergice reaction to some of its bedding type. if no fleas are found, try a compressed paper bedding.
grooming or litter irritation.

No comments:

Post a Comment