Monday, May 24, 2010

My quinea pig won't run in her ball. How do I get her to move?

We bought her a run-about ball and she just sits there.not moving, not budging. The last guinea pig I had loved his ball and while they are all different and I understand that.I don't understand why I can't get this one to run. Any helpful advice would be appreciated! I hope I didn't waste $15.00. Thanks
Answers:
Some pigs just don't like the ball, it makes them nervous. If you want to get them used to it just put him in it for 10 minutes twice a day.it could be he just doesn't know what to do.
get him used to it
Check to see if it's alive.
put food in there
give the ball a little puch and if she run give her some her her favorite food.
well some quinea pigs dont like to run in them you cant really force her.
I have 2 little piggies and neither of them us the ball. I think it is all about your little piggie if she wants to use it or not. Don't worry she will do what she wants.
put a treat in the ball.
push it and see what it does
Every pig has his or her own personality. Some enjoy toys like the ball, some don't. Get to know your pig, and don't worry if everything you buy them doesn't go over. Just like with a human child, a new toy isn't always going to be a hit (and the things you don't expect become favorites).
she might not know what the hell that thing is
give her a little push %26 she'll figure it out soon
if not then it wasnt meant 2 b
Hi, Michelle---

Just wanted to warn you that, while you can buy guinea pig balls for your pet, they are not good for guinea pigs. They can put a strain on their back. I would advise you not to use it, especially if your guinea pig is not using it. It may because he is uncomfortable and it hurts him. What I have done is bought a little small hexagon shaped pen, and let them run in that area, so they get exercise. Mine loved to run and eat in their little pen. That way they are contained and still get exercise.
Poke her in the butt.
put food in there thats what i did for my hamsters
Leave her alone! She might not be an athletic type. Would you like to run around in a ball against your will?
try him on a downhill slop so he gets the idea
Guinea pigs should NOT have running balls! They do not have bendy backs like small rodents and putting your guinea pig in the ball can seriously hurt it's back. Guinea pigs are big enough to free run, balls are pointless!

No comments:

Post a Comment