Monday, May 24, 2010

My pet mice?

So I had gotten two pet mice from a local Petco about a month and a half ago. The dark one was generally pretty scared of me, and the white the most curious little thing ever. Recently, the dark one has opened up to me and actaully jumps twords my hand if I put it in the tank. Well, my question. When I was hand feeding it a carrot slice from my salad mix my hand smelt like carrots after (Well, that's to be expected.). And the mouse bit me. Whatever. Washed my hands. Waited a few hours. Played with her for a bit. She bit me again. And ever since then (About a week ago), every time I pick her up she bites me. What's up with that, and how do I make her stop? Also. The white one, within the past week, has become less friendly and less able to handle. Just in the sense that she doesn't come to my hand anymore, and tries to squirm away if held. Neither of them have been hurt by a human, to my knowledge. So, I don't understand the sudden attitude change. Help, anyone?
Answers:
Is one pregnant? Do you make sudden moves toward them and scare them? Is it a hard bite, mine did that sometimes? Just give them time to smell you and get used to you. They have short memories, so if you were gone or busy, they might have to get used to you all over again.
My mice would bite me as well. If you smell like foor, then you will most likely get bit. After washing your hands, if it still bit you then you may have a problem because mine never stopped. I hope it is different for you. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment