Monday, May 24, 2010

My pet rabbits back suddenly began losing hair and now its like a huge bump/scab, like its rotting almost HELP

It happened in the span of like a week. There is no visible bone or anything, but it is bad. its eyes are beginning to become crusted shut, with like a cataract over it. I dont know whatb is happening. Maybe in a state of neglect, but i am there everyday and it is my pet. I have another one and it is fine. Please give any help what so ever
Answers:
It sounds like possible Mange or even ring worm. I had a kitten once that had ring worm and she was covered in these yellow crusty scab thingies. If its mange take it to a vet asap, because that can spread to your other pets. it might even be a bite, from an insect or an animal. Whatever it is, take your rabbit to a vet as soon as you can.
don't look
My advice.see your vet ASAP!
Rabbits are rather sensitive to many things. This sounds like a contact allergy. If you have added a new type litter or fodder or anything like that or bathed it with a new soap that could be the problem. I'd take it to a vet right away even if you think something new caused it and remove that.
Mine is too It is outside and getting cooler. New hair is coming in and pushing old out
you should take him to the vet.. if you changed anything recently food, treats, litter he might not like it and be stressing out about it. It could also be that he has an infection of some sort. Nothing like this has ever happened to my rabbit but he lives in the house like a cat
look, I think that it might be some kind of infection or you can go and get a vet check up. I'm so sorry about the rabbit.
When I was a kid I had a pet mouse and the same thing you described happened to her and it ended up being a tumor . . . it killed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment