Saturday, May 22, 2010

My male rabbit!?

my male dwarf rabbit keeps running in circles really fast around my dog..what is this? Is he trying to get the dog to play or is it trying to mate?
Answers:
Honestly this could be either one. The only way to know is to see if your bunny ever tries to actually mount your dog. Rabbits of both sexes will do this when they meet a new bunny who is lower on the authority totem pole than themselves. Your bunny could just be trying to tell your dog that he's the boss. Usually in the mating "dance", it's the female that runs around in circles trying to confuse the male, not the other way around. My first response would be that your bunny is seeking more attention. Hope it helps.
The question is is your dog male or female? He might want to play.
Sounds like he's pretty excited.. and a male bunny in my experience gets excited about only one thing.LOL! Is this a small dog? If so, Mr. Bunny might be a little confused. You will know for sure if he trys to. well, you know. ;-)
I assume your bunny isn't neutered. This is what male bunnies do to court the female they like. He's not necessarily trying to mate with your dog but it is a sexual behaviour. My bunny runs circles around almost everything. We don't have any other problems with him so we don't see the need to get him neutered. But if its bothering you or if he's spraying or showing any aggression, neutering him will help.
ummm..what is the dog, female or male!
your rabbit is not trying to mate, this is becasue the rabbit feels lonely or bored so it is trying to play with your dog.
I agree with perfidy, must be some kind of behavior male rabbits do to impress females (female dog in this case).
It's kinda cute though : )
The rabbit might just want to play with your dog. When rabbits run around it means they are happy. If it does a little hop while running the rabbit is telling you he's very happy and he's jumping for joy. I used to put my rabbit on my bed and sit on it with him and he'd run around and give me a small bite, that also means he wants your attention and wants to play with you. They are playful. Get your rabbit a rabbit toy. It's a small soft smushy toy they can carry around. Hope that helps.
your rabbit wants your dog to play with it

No comments:

Post a Comment