Saturday, May 22, 2010

my horse was sold with out my knowledge,I have a 7 year old palomino paint stud horse good and calm.?

My cousin asked if he could use him (Lese him free) he wanted to use my horse so he could go riding with his daughter.He said he would take care of him all winter for the use of him through the next summer. Rich did get a hold of me around Feb or march asking me if he could buy my horse or trade me a car.I said NO.I not selling the horse for that car. Rich said he wanted to keep using him like we agreed on in the beginning. there was no paper work involved it was just us talking and my brother Larry was there when we was talking.I still have my APHA certificate of registration,and my last years coggons.I went to Rich's to see my horse and Rich told me that my horse got out and he called the police%26 animal control can't find him . I went to both and he never called them to report it.I went out looking%26 found my horse. He sold him for 600.I want my horse back .that's like saying I let him use my car %26 he sells it with out me knowing about it there has to be something I can do plz help
Answers:
What your cousin did is called "theft by conversion", which means he turned your property into his property. I suppose this is sticky family situation and probably you feel pressured to overlook the theft since the perpetrator is related to you.

I don't have a cousin, but if I did, I think I would give the low down, horse stealing, varmint the chance to rectify the situation and buy back my horse. I would tell him on no uncertain terms.family or not, that you plan on calling the police and filing "theft" charges against him if the horse is not back (legally) on my property by a certain date/time! If he fails to return the horse, go to the police.

Like I said, I don't have an cousins, siblings, aunts, or uncles, so I have little understanding of those kind of family relationships, but I do understand right from wrong and your cousin is a real arsehole to do this to you!

If your horse rustling cousin returns your horse to you, I advise you to remember that he is capable of horse thievery and keep your eyes on him when he's around. I don't think I would even forgive..they say to "forgive" is Divine, but in my experience, forgiving only leads to more heartache. (Screw me once, shame on you..scew me twice, shame on me!)
sounds like theft to me, and the person that bought it, is in possession of stolen goods. is there any way that you can prove the horse is yours, other than the papers that you have?
sounds like a case for judge judy
Go to the police and tell them what has happened, you will need to press charges. You can legally claim the horse back. It will cost you though, you may be better off buying another, but if you love this horse that much then fight for it.
the horse was stolen so its still yours.

get the police involved and tell them you have found your property in the hands of some person. you will not have to pay the $600 back to the buyer. Rich has to return that money. Oh and you could have Rich arrested for theft.

But the horse is still yours.go and get it.
Find a legal counsel, it will help you. in fact, it is illegal to sold others property and the buyer must secure legal papers from the seller that proves the ownership of a certain property that he is selling.
you've really got to stop and chuckle about the guy who goes through all this and then runs to his computer to ask for legal advice on yahoo.
I would go to the Police and get my horse back you have proof of ownership let the Police deal with your cousin.
You right its the same as if he borrowed your car and then sold it they police calls such a thing stealing.
Don`t feel bad about reporting your cousin he ask you you said no he still went out and did it and on top of that he lied to you.
That buyer should have ask to see proof of Ownership.
Have him arrested, thats grand theft!
Call the police and find out what to do.
The person who has your horse bought stolen property, a crime
The cousin who sold your horse sold stolen property, a crime.
They used to hang horse thieves he shoud consider himself lucky they do not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment