Saturday, May 22, 2010

my horse lost his tail in a fence accident please help?

MY HORSE LOST HIS TAIL IN A FENCE ACCIDENT IT WAS
APPROX 5 FEET LONG NOW ITS APPROX 1 1/2 FEET LONG.
MY HORSE IS 3 AND 1/2 OLD. IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN USE TO MAKE IT GROW FASTER. THANKS FOR THE HELP.
Answers:
http://www.lynnpalm.com

Order a wrapitgrow tail wrap. I have show horses, and they start wearing these at about 1 yr. They are wrapped unless they are being cleaned or shown.

Avoid ShowSheen and similar products as they can damage the shaft and cause breakage. They are OK for show, but wash out immediately afterwards.

I use Healthy Hair Care (web search for it) or MTG - which smells funky but works great. Healthy Hair Care also makes a wonderful all over coat spray. I use it all the time. Smells great!

I Duct tape all the bucket handles, and anything else I think they can catch their tails in. I also have hot wire inside my fencing to keep them away from the fences so they do not catch their tails.

I have Appys which are folicly challenged anyway. Good tails are gold too me. I protect them. I have tie ins just incase, but we hardly ever need them.
Call a vet.
They will know what to do.
Sorry about the accedent, poor horse!
Hope I helped some! :)
~Froggie
show sheen and alot of combing and braiding, but seriously it will be awhile. If you go out in public a lot I would by a fake tail. Any place that sales show stuff will have them
www.cbarjpainthorses.com
sorry abt the accident, hey 1 1/2 feet isn't bad if its a short horse.
(m t g) this is epciallly for tail growth and mane growth so it probley will help just go to valleyvet.com and in the search box type mane and tail growth and it should come up it works really really good good luck
I don't think that there is anything that will make it grow faster but there are many things that you can do to make sure that it grows as fast and as full as possible.

See this website from Cherry Hill.

http://www.horsekeeping.com/horse-traini.

Here is the link directly to the tail care page:

http://www.horsekeeping.com/horse_groomi.

Good luck-it will take awhile. Be patient. Just remember it could always be worse. You could have lost your horse in a fence accident.
M T G works great

and get buy a fake tail while your at it if you need to have tail in public (like showes or something)
Try putting it into a tail bag
M T G ( mane tail growth). Works great. I love it. Also put it in a tail bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment