Friday, May 8, 2009

My Fancy Rats attract wild Rats, anyone else with that problem?

I had them in the living room and a wild one got in the house.I moved to the basement, and wild one dug under the house some how. I moved them to an outside garage and now my pet Rats are passing food through the cages to the wild ones. I don't like poison cause they crawl off and die and stink.
Answers:
I've never had this problem. It does make sense though considering the fancy rat is derived from the wild rat and the two could, technically, interbreed.

Keep your house rodent proof. Put out traps, if necessary.

Wild rats can carry diseases which they can then transmit to your pet rats. By allowing them to interact, you're putting your pet rats at risk. Don't let your rats come into contact with wild ones anymore---use as humane traps as possible.
It's natrual for rats to accociate with thier own kind even if they are wild. If they are not causing any problems i would leave them there. But if they are needed to be gotten rid of i would use a regular rat trap. Dont uses the glue traps or poison those are slow deaths.
Lol my girlfiend had two white mice, she kept in an aquarium, one morning got up to leave for work and there was a wild mouse in there with em. I thought it was slightly hilarious
I set mouse traps to catch them then he gets caught in the aquarium. she didn't think it was funny cause he could have gave them rabies or something, but I cracked up halfway to work.
Should have started this story with my EX-girlfriend. Anyway I would recomend Rat traps the kind that snap thier neck or the kind that catches em then you can release them like miles away in the country or something. If you live in the country, sorry .

No comments:

Post a Comment