Friday, May 8, 2009

My family doesn't belive in my goals with horses.?

My goals in life are to become a horse trainer/instucter/barn owner. I've worked hands on, and read everything i can get my hands on about horses. I even created the barn that i wish to have.the only problem is my famiy doesn't belive in me so it seems. They never listen to be, and just laugh at my goal. It's like they think that it's just a dream,not a goal. It really upsets be because i am very determend to make it happen. I just don't know how to make them understand that, so how can i?
Answers:
You go girl. I have the same dream. I help train Quarter Horses I don't have my own. But one day I will. I know A LOT about horses just like you do. I read and have so much experience with them. I would like train a quarter horse to do barrel racing. And one day I will. All I can say is prove your parents wrong. Just keep doing what your doing. Because there's a time and meaning for EVERYTHING If you stick with your goals in life you will be successful good luck to you and god bless.
You don't need to make them understand. Just go do it and laugh at them later!
Follow your dream. I didn't and have regretted it ever since. If they don't support you findd people who do and don't talk about it to those who don't believe.
just ignore wat they say keep working at it and belive you can do it good luck
Honey if that's what you want don't worry about what they are doing go after what you want but remember go on with school. I have a cousin and that was her dream. She went on to school and went and trained at some very good training Barnes. That was over twenty and she owns her own now and runs it. Good luck and hard work will make it happen.
Who cares if they believe. the one one that has to is you. and you already are convinced. so work hard at it.. and forget about them..
when you become successful you will have the laugh, a family is supposed to support you even if your dreams arent realistic (which yours are) so they arent much of a family anyways stop worrying what they think and focus and you will succeed
i know what you mean all my life i have dreamed of working with horses but my dad wants me to be a lawyer but i dont want to be ive never been on a horse but thats my dream to be a great rider! i always read up on them and draw them good luck even if youre family doesnt support you follow your dream/goal
They are insignificant. You know what you're going to do and you'll do it. You don't need their approval it's your life. It doesn't matter what they think of you, It matters what you think. You have your mind and as long as you have your mind, you can make things right again. Find someone who is a horse trainer, and do whatever you can to learn from them. It's a simple plan but if you do it I guarantee you will be a horse trainer. Find someone who is a horse trainer and learn from them, be nice them, whatever you have to do to learn from them within your means. You can do it. If something bad happens or you start feeling discouraged, so what. So What. You know what you want to do and you'll do it. Just decide to and the second you know you're going to everything else will work when you use that drive. Any person who ever did anything great in the world, do research, you'll find that none of them knew how they were going to do it, they only knew they were going to do it.
It's not there goal, it's yours. If they don't believe you can do it, then there isn't much you can do about that. Spend time with people who encourage you and believe in you. and never give up. If you believe you can do it, then you can! Good luck!
if you have your heart set on something then go out and do it if it makes you happy. your family will realize it later that you were not messing around when you told them what you wanted to do.

but first you need to make sure you can do it financally, and emotionally. because once you do it, you won't be able to turn back time you will only have to move forward. raiseing horses, running your own barn, and training will take alot out of you. i use to do all of that about 10 yrs ago and i will tell you i did not have much time for anything else or for anyone else. but if you have this goal then go out and fulfill your goals but just keep in mind that you will have to be able to afford to do it. it is very expensive and a lot of time consuming goal. but like i said if that is your goal than go out and accomplish it.

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR GOAL.
It's always nice to have parental approval, but the bottom line is that you don't need it to succeed.

If you want to be a horse trainer, be a horse trainer. I'm sure they will be proud when you succeed.

I suggest that you take a couple of business classes. Land ain't cheap (at least around here) and regardless of how good a trainer you are or how nice a facility you have, you will still have to exercise sound business practices to stay in operation and succeed in your goal.
who cares what ur family thinks. if it is what u want to do, then go ahead and do it. Screw everyone else. do what u can to keep up with ur learning. take lessons, read as much as u can. the hard work will eventually pay off.
Whose life are you living? Yours or theirs? Live your life, fulfill your dreams, reach your goals!

In the end you HAVE to live with yourself, you do not have to live with them!

Good luck! You have convinced me that you can do it and I don't even know you!

Okay.that was a little rah rah rah cheerleaderish wasn't it? LOL
I am on the other side of this same situation. My little cousin is 12 years old and convinced she should be a horse trainer. I try to be very supportive, but in the back of my mind I have reservations. Here are some of my concerns.
Horses are a luxury item. There is no current need for them (although with gas prices and dwindling supply, horses may make a comeback) and only the very rich can afford to keep one. So there is no real job security. Lots of horse people, fewer and fewer horses to train.
Which brings me to money. Property taxes are going to skyrocket as the population of the world continues to increase, any space on this planet will be at a premium. As it is, farms and ranches "go under" everyday because they just can't support themselves. Feed bills and all other assorted bills will rise as well.
It's dangerous. Of course walking across a street is dangerous and people are killed in their own beds, but horses that like you can kill you by accident.
You are young. You have so many options. I'm sure you have heard a kid say they want to be a fire truck when they grow up, or a dog. I think your family (while they could definitely respect your interests, opinions and feelings a little more) think this is a phase you will grow out of. Talk to them. Tell them this is important to you and you want them stop laughing and pay attention.
On the other hand, horses are not leaving this world. It is possible you could make a very comfortable living for yourself, I wish you the best in all you do.
Follow your dream. My grandaughter is 15 yr old and is in olympic training in jumping. She started to ride at thr age of 6. She just had an event in Lexington Ky. where she placed 8th out of 469 riders of which 52 were the best in the world. She trains with the olympic team.Her dream was to ride in the olympics for the U.S.A. she still has 2 more years to train for you have to be 18 yr old to ride in the olympics. She also is an instructor and teaches other kids to ride. Making a good living at it this soon in life.She is ranked 24 in America by Event magazine. I could tell you a lot of stories about riding and events some good some bad.Like I said follow your dream,it can be expensive though.
There are very good schools where you can get a degree in horse management. I know a young lady who just graduated and now manages a dressage stable in GA. I grew up in a non-horse family. My mom was scared of them and discouraged me in every way about following my dreams about horses. I didn't let anyone stop me from following my dreams and after a lot of hard work I made them come true! I am sitting here right now at the Paso Fino Grand Nationals in Perry GA. I have had an incredible career that centers around horses and I get to travel all over the country to the big shows. I go to the Arabian Nationals next in Louisville KY. I LOVE my job and it has been very financially successful. Follow your heart and never be discouraged but be willing to work hard and it WILL come true!
When you do it you'll be the one with the last laugh.

Just keep on working toward what you want, go to school and study for it.
Do as your heart wants.. some people just dont understand
It shouldn't matter what they think this is your dream not theirs, they should support you but even if they don't you should follow your dreams. Follow your dream and show them you were serious and that you can do it with or without them if they want to be that way you'll be the one with the last laugh. I'm saving money to buy another horse no one thinks I'll be able to do that either but I'm gonna prove to them the same way you will prove to your family and friends.
Believe in yourself, and eventually others will follow. You seem pretty determined, and you know what you want, that's a great start. It's always best to do what you love, not what others think would be best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment