Friday, May 8, 2009

My english saddle is badly discolored!?

the lady i bought it from said they are just water spots but i don't think so.
I have pics of the saddle but i don't know how to put them on here. so if you think you can help and want to see the pics, e-mail me.
thanks!
Answers:
If the saddle was well cared for it probably wouldn't have gotten water spots. If that's all they are they may eventually go away but it may mean she didn't keep it oiled and it was dried out at one point. If she just slapped a caot of oil on to pretty it up to sell it will quickly dry out again. Keep a very close eye on it and oil it often. Make sure it doesn't have any wear spots like cracks which can weaken straps and make them dangerous. I hope it works out well and the leather is still good
P.S. I ride in rain and have even swam my horse in my saddle and it's never effected the color or condition
Nothing wrong with the dog, it's just the way she/he was bred. Might not be a good showdog, tis all
lol the person above me is hilarious..(this is for pet.) an english saddle is for a horse.not a dog


ok anyways..back to your question.put on the half chap wax on it to see if the spots go away. i ride myself, the wax help help protect it.but it will also tell you if its just a water spot. a regular scratch or mark on your saddle wont go away with the wax. if it dosnt go away, then call up the person who sold it to you and tell them that you want your money back

sorry for the inconvience of your saddle
there may not be much you can do, I rode once in the rain when i was young and it seemed the spots may have worn off eventually over time I only can really remember using saddle soap and maybe a leather conditioner. The person who sold you the saddle should have recommended something anyways, but you could also try to bring it to a shoe repair place or someone who works w/ leather before you ask for your money back. good luck!
To try to give the saddle a more even color coat you could try putting neatsfoot oil on it, it will also help if you clean and condition your saddle a lot!
sorry dont know if my other answer went through
i repair and refurbish horse tack so if you can email me a pic i might be able to help you
hahler1@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment