Friday, May 8, 2009

my dad told me that my rabbit will die?

it looks as if my bunny has an eye infection, like she keeps scratching it and its all bloody and raw. She also has bad sore hocks (raw sores on the bottom of her feet). we are taking her to a vet today, and my dad says she most likely won't make it home with us. what are they going to do to my bunny? i'll be so sad if she dies, i love her so much. thank you, god bless.
Answers:
Don't give up your hope buddy. Pray for her.
i really dont know, but keep your hopes up. but if ever, i am very sorry
If your bunny can't be made well, than you have to do the right thing for her. You wouldn't want her to suffer would you? The vet can give her a shot that will make her sleepy, when she falls asleep she will not wake up, there is no pain. Hopefully the vet will be able to take care of your pet, but if not, be thankful for the time you were able to have her as a friend.
I lost my parrot when I was sixteen. I was angry and sad. I am so sorry to hear that she's not well; I hope she gets better.

Good Luck!

If she dies, she'll go to heaven and meet you when you get there.
there is a soul in every creature god made, when ever she dies you will see her again. since you were both close to each other my dear
Maybe your Dad is preparing you for the worst case scenario. It sounds like they are things that can be helped with antibiotics. I'm so sorry though, I hope your bunny gets better.
My dear sweet Friend,Don,t worry,the vet will do everything thry can for your Bunny,But remember the lion king,and how the Mommy Desribe the way of life,Remember everybody and everything must die some day to go to Heaven and live with God!Then there is New babys born everyday to take the place of the old Bunnys and Poeple!And Remember,They are all in God,s Kingdom were everything is good,And nobody is mean!So if They do put your bunny to Sleep,Every time you get Sad,remember were your bunny will be,And how Happy he or she is!I,ll pray for your Bunny and you!Good Luck Sweety!Hollywood
Life has hard lessons and one of them is that everything has to die sometime. I know you love her but think of what a good life you gave her and of how much fun you had together. You may be surprised and the vet might be able to help her but it sounds like you have a Dad who loves you and wants you to be ready for the worst news. I still remember every dog I have had and sometimes even cry because I miss them but it doesn't stop me from loving the dogs we have now and giving them all of my love.You will be sad if the bunny doesn't make it but it will get easier with time. Be strong .
Your bunny may or may not live. She needed someplace in her cage where she wasn't standing on wire, that is why her hocks are sore and bloody. You could have bandaged her eye after taking her to the vet to keep her from scratching it, but if it is as bad as you say then they might have to euthanize her and put her out of her pain. It is best that way if they can't help her. Good luck.
She is in bad shape and may need to have surgery. It depends on if you can afford it. It sounds like your dad may just want to put her to sleep. i hope it turns out well. http://www.rabbit.org
Your Dad could be right, but I certainly hope that the vet can help your bunny. How old is your bunny? If your bunny is very old and in pain, then it might be the kindest thing to put her to sleep. But that is a decision you will make with your Dad and the vet.
I did some research on eye problems and you might want to print out some of the information from this link and share it with your vet:
http://www.medirabbit.com/en/eye_disease.
I have certainly read about other bunnies that have eye problems, one friend just had her bunny's eye removed and he is doing just fine!

Regarding the sore hocks, those can occur if your bunny is sitting on a wire floor in his cage. If that is the case, you want to work with your vet to clear up the sore hocks and also change his cage set up. There are other reasons too and your vet can figure out why your bunny gets sore hocks. In case you want to learn more about them, here is a link with information:
http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/r.

On a bunny list I read that someone treated her bunny with collasate, which is a type of collagen. She put warm
compresses on his feet for about 5 minutes [all he'd tolerate] then
put a very thin coat of the Collasate on each foot and let it dry. The good news is that her bunny's feet cleared right up. I know others have had success with this too. You might want to discuss this with your vet.

I hope this helps and I hope your bunny is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment