Sunday, August 2, 2009

my horse has sarcoids has anyone used sarc- ex by global herbs ?

are these herbs effective against sarcoids. would appreciate your experiences of this.
Answers:
Camerosa Oitment is the want you want to try.
I have tried this in the past and it works not instant takes a few weeks depending on the size.
Herbs are not proven to work. If you read the fine print you'll see it's labelled as a "dietary supplement" or "homepathic remedy". Would you buy a drug that had zero studies showing it works?

If it were me I'd talk to my vet. He/she will know what natural remedies, if any, will help the horse.
Ive known several horses with sarcoids and I know that depending on their location they can be unsightly and present problems riding so I do sympathise. However, in a lot of cases I know that they present no problem and the owner has enjoyed much use and time with their best friend!
I have not known any effective herbal treatment in the cases that I have seen although I have not heard of the one you mention.
The main treatment - if you can call it that - for the sarcoids is for the removal of them - please do not attempt yourself - a vet will undertake this for you. However in some cases they will grow back again and I guess it is a balance for you to decide if the treatment is totally necessary.. good luck!
Would not recommend surgical removal, sacrcoids go very deep into the skin and if all the sarcoid is not removed, they grown back far worse. Can't remember what some friends tried, it was herbal, but expensive and didn't work. Check with your vet, there is research going on and I can't remember where I saw the article, it was a couple of years ago, and they might have made further progress to the treatment of sarcoids..hope you find something that works for your horse.
The horse I used to have had bad sarcoids on her inner legs and the only remedy was a lotion from the vet which, in effect, burned them off. I dont think herbal medicines which have no proof that they work would be recommended by a vet for sarcoids. They can be very painful and your horse deserves to have the right treatment whatever the cost so go to a vet.

2 comments:

  1. my clyesdale had sarcoids on his face chest and a big one hanging of his willy and one the size of a small apple in his sheath, my vet gave me some pure aloe vera gell to apply to the ones on his face and chest (the ones located on his face and chest were very crusty raised sarcoids)which after applying twice a day for 3 months all completely either fell of or shrunk down and normal hais has regrown over the areas where the sarcoids used to be, as for the one hanging and the large one on the inside of his thigh they were rung by my vet(same as a lambs tail eventually they drop off) but the one in his sheath was injected with a chemo dose twice and unbelivably has now shrunk and gone! unfortuantly this treatment has been a painfull experiance for my lad whom is usually a gentle giant,he bit me on the sholder and i was only looking not touching him so to be honest right now i wish id never had it treated! just want me big lad back to normal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i meant to say that ive found aloe vera very effective to say the least in fact all the treatment my big lad had was succesfull just wasnt thinking how it would affect my boys personality!!

    ReplyDelete