Sunday, August 2, 2009

My hamsters nails are falling off?

I just moved my hamster to a different cage, and well there are two things I am really worried about, first, his nails keeps like falling off, he has little sores on some toes where his nails were and some places there isn't any sore, but there aren't any nails either? What is the matter? And second, How would I know if he is getting water, he got a new water bottle with the new cage and like I think he is getting water, but I am not 100% sure, do you guys no anyways I could tell if he is getting water or not?
Thank you =)
Answers:
Nails coming off is mostly due to them being too long. depending on if the nail root was removed from the toe will determine if a new nail will grow. Mine have done that a few times too. I'd take your hamster to the vet just to play it safe. Concerning the water bottle, listen to him when he drinks. and watch the bottle. If you hear the ball moving and see bubbles, your hamster is getting water. Congrats on the offspring. Hope you have a cage for each one or some homes they will be going to. (If Syrians. If dwarf, separate the boys and the girls.)
I have not had any problem like that, so just take it to a doc
uumm you shouldn't put him in a new cage right when you get him leave him in one cage for a longggggggggg time and gradually introduce the new cage
It's more than likely bumble foot. A very bad bacteria that won't clear up on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment